Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gathering

As the animals gather their food so should we gather........ I read a verse from the Bible this weekend in a novel I was reading. The verse is Exodus 16:4 "I will rain down manna from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day.In this way, I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions".
God provided daily for the Israelites, all they had to do is go out and collect his provisions for that day. After the last few weeks I realized that I was expecting provisions for awhile, not for just that day. I realized that through all the trials and turmoil, each day he provide me with something new. At the end of the day, I slept pretty peacefully. I did have to gather unto myself his manna for that day. He feed me with positive feed back from many different friends, he protected me when I fell, (and I don't fall gracefully)and he showed me there are many people worse off than me. So today gather your provision for this day, not tomorrow, or next week or next year, just today and be blessed....

No comments:

Post a Comment