Friday, April 30, 2010

April 30th, 23 years ago

Twenty-three years ago at lunch time I gave birth to this little lady. Today, I can't believe she is the age I was when I had her. Life sure has flown by. As I think back to her last 23 years alot of things come to mind. She was a funny child, she was sick alot, like to hug but didn't like to sit still on your lap for long. She was mischievous in her only little creative way, didn't take no for an answer, was very persistent. Loved, I mean Loved sweets, candy of all kinds, Oreo's and chip sandwiches. (no wonder she was sick all the time). For many years was attached to my hip, didn't like to spend the night away from home. Was a little on the scaredy side. As she matured in middle and high school, she became very determined, loved school, wanted to be a part of the school spirit. She came out of her shell more throughout these years. Became a little on the OCD personality, stresses out over small things, holds her feelings in more than she should, was a pretty good teenager to raise. College years were alittle harder at first, But she has come around wonderfully. She is into running and exercise. She eats much healthier than as a child. She is still pretty OCD and determined. She is learning to speak her mind and stand up for herself. I think she is coming into her own skin and I see growth in many areas of her life. She is a beautiful woman and I believe God is going to use her. One of her verses we learned as child for her personality was I Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety (worries, cares) on him because he cares for you" As our children grow up, we hope and pray that what we have taught them will stick. That they will remember through out life God Loves them and will be there for them. I am a little sad because my baby isn't at all a baby any longer but God has blessed me with a wonderful young woman to enjoy life with now.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I cannot believe our girls are this old?? How is it we are still so young?? Tell Audrey she is beautiful...inside and out.

    Love Y'all,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete