Friday, April 16, 2010

Allergies

I have never experienced allergies like I am this week. My whole family is allergic to everything. Josh took shots as a small boy for about 3 years, Joey is allergic to everything mildly except for grass. When grass starts heading out he can barely function. Audrey has been on allergy shots for 5 years, we finally decided they were not working, (when questioned "why am I still on shots 5 years later) the Dr.'s quote "there are some people this doesn't work for, we usually can tell after 3 years, they got extra money for 2 years. Thank goodness Audrey finally questioned them. She is allergic highly to alot of things, so she always looks like she has been crying or drunk. Me, I maybe get a little sniffle one time a year. This year the Dr tells me that the pollen is so bad that they have seen many who never have problems coming in. I have a sinus and ear infection, I can hardly talk without sounding like a deep voiced mad woman. I have been praying for the Lord to help me not talk so much, his humor is incredible, I haven't wanted to talk because I start coughing so bad, so maybe this is his way of shutting me up. To top it all off, I am not a person who takes medicine of any kind, Allergy medicine, benedryl makes me want to kill people. I have a very short fuse if I am on these types of medicine, so I choose not to take them and suffer through. This time I have to take them to try and clear up the ear infection. I also don't take anitbiotics well, I usually keep up with what works and what doesn't. I missed one this time, I took what they prescribed for me and about 3 hrs later I started feeling sick, as I was going to church to teach small groups I found a bottle I kept in my car of a antibiodic that made me really sick last time I took it, I kept it in there as a reminder to never take again. I forgot about it , you guessed it, I took the same stuff again, need less to say, I didn't get to finish my small group, I stayed as long as I could, then grabbed Joey out of his class and drove home as fast as possible. Then next morning I was a half way new woman. I have never felt very compassionate for people who suffer with allergies, (get over it, it can't be that bad) was usually my comments. But after this week of suffering, I will be a kinder more gentler soul and I am considering giving up exercise.....Every since I started exercising 2 years ago I have been sicker than I have been the last 20 years........

1 comment:

  1. I KNEW exercise was of the devil!!!! Also, I have no allergies but am still mean...what is my problem? Could it be .... sin???

    Love you!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete