Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cancer, such a ugly word

Yesterday Joey and I found out a friend of ours within a twenty-four hour period has been told he has a brain tumor, would have to have surgery this morning and the report is not the greatest. His tumor was malignant and to described it, it is something like what Ted Kennedy had. They told him it was larger than they expected and that it would probably grow back within a year. He is a christian man and looks at life very realistic. He is a in your face, to the point (Yankee) Ha....but very thoughtful kind of guy. Joey, Me and two other men from church went to see him in the ICU last night about 9:30 and as he told us how this all came about, he said you know if I live or die tomorrow its all still going to be great because to leave this place means to him to be present with God. Now as a Christian I know that the greatest thing is to be able to leave this world and live with our Savior forever. However, as a human it is hard for us to let go of all we have here. We think of our spouses, our children, our families, our friends and just the way of life we live and think "I'm not ready to leave this yet" As we prayed with him last night I truly believe God was listening and even though today the report is not as great as we had expected. What came to my mind yesterday when I first heard about this was I am so excited to see what God is going to do through this. I told Allen how this was the first response that came to me and he said he had been thinking all day how could this be a testimony to others. Its great to see Christians at work through the tough times, I can't imagine going through trials that we all have and not have a heavenly father who is there for us to comfort and love us through it all. Pray for Allen, Rhonda and their sons Frank and Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment