Wednesday, April 28, 2010

First Home Pictures

This is Josh and Abby's new home. The previous owners were foreclosed on so they ripped out all the landscaping in the front. As you can see it will be an easy house to keep up, since it is all brick. It is on a private little drive and is surrounded by alot of trees. The neighbors have been extremely friendly. They have brought up hot cookies and tea while we were helping them move in.


This is the master bedroom, the colors in the house are this green everywhere. The basement has a darker shade of green, as Josh says it goes great with all my stuffed animals on the walls.


This is the dining room. The only problems with the house were it was a little dusty because no one has lived here for 3 years. They removed light fixtures from some of the rooms, took knobs off of some of the cabinets,they removed only one window shutters on the front porch, little random things need to be fixed. They removed the shelving in the master bedroom only, I don't know why this is the only closet they did this in. But I decided that this was something that I could work on Saturday. Josh started helping me and then left me to do the rest by myself. I followed the directions to a T, and at church told Abby I hope nothing happens to the closet or I will get fussed at. We went back to help again on Sunday and they came out the front door Abby was laughing and Josh said "Mom the closet shelves just came out of the wall" I thought he was kidding, but no they all were laying in the middle of the closet floor. What the directions did not tell me was that you had to buy a separate anchor (that did not come in the packet with everything else) and screw them into the studs in the walls. So off to Lowes I go.....
The shelves are in and so far are holding up wonderfully.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!!! Green is my favorite color and the rooms are gorgeous. Decorating is so fun. I am sure those shelves are perfect now! Bless your heart!

    Love,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete