Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April fools day


Tomorrow will be mine and Joey's 27th wedding anniversary. As I think back over these years they have been pretty good ones. While we all have our bents and baggage, Joey and I have worked pretty hard at trying to have a good marriage. While there have been times we have gone to sleep mad at each other, I know they say don't do that. But sometimes you can't fix it at 11:00 at night and fix it right. There have been times of loneliness and sadness, there have also been times of great fun and truly feeling loved. The one thing I would impress on today's young marriages is, it is very hard work to be and stay happily married. Don't assume because you love each other in the beginning you will always love each other. Work at it....put in your mind and actions that you are to be together no matter what, even when you don't particularly like the other one. (and there will be days that you will ask yourself what did I see in him or her) Remember on those days what it is that you did see in him or her in the beginning that made you love them. Work at it......
I am so thankful that Joey has grown as a man throughout our marriage, that he has chosen to love me even when I can be unlovable. God has blessed and I will try not to take it for grant it.































No comments:

Post a Comment