Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Popping Up

This is what will be popping up in a few days, I saw the beginning of growth yesterday as I messed around in the yard. I love spring......Flowers, Blooming Trees and warm air. I love the smell of a fresh mowed lawn.
I was listening to Beth Moore and James Robinson last night and a verse that I have put on my desk a few weeks ago keeps popping up. I am assuming God is bringing this before me for a reason. I shared it with you about a month or two ago. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear but a spirit of power, spirit of love and a spirit of a sound mind" Timothy 1:7 I ask myself once again why does this verse keeping popping up around me. I believe he is trying to teach me not to be fearful, fear is something I battle regularly, if you know me you might not believe it because I try not to show it. I also think he is talking to me about love. I don't love easy. I don't trust many and without trust lots of times it hard to love. I work at trying to have a sound mind, but with doubts, fears and no trust sometimes it takes alot of hard work. They were talking about how sometimes we play things over and over in our mind. That situations just pop up out of no where and grate on us so much that we can't let it go. Satan is trying to kill our progress and we let him by not letting go. That, I believe, is where the spirit of power comes in from this verse. We all know about fear, love and a sound mind, but what about the power we have. Do we really tap into this or do we think we are not worthy or capable to
use this power that God tells us he has given us. As I think of this verse today, I hope to gain more understanding to its meaning for me....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweetie,

    I so struggle with fear! I am glad that this verse kept coming to you because it reminds me that fear is not of God. It is a pit I would just as soon not jump in either!

    Love,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete