Monday, March 22, 2010

De'Mere & Hyacen

Last night Joey and I started our new little job at church. I have become pretty lazy on Sunday's, I like not going to church on Sunday nights, however our youth pastor still has youth events every week. He has started taking our church vans around to the neighbor that our church is in. We are a all white church right in the middle of a lower income, multi-racial community. When we first started going to church their, one of the reason we chose this church was because we wanted our children to know that they live in a big world not just what they went to school with. Their are many children out there with great big needs. Our youth pastor at the time was a missionary from Africa and he had a passion of the kids of this area. After he left no one picked up his passion until now. Our new young youth pastor wants to really get in there and minister to these kids, so Joey and I decided instead of talking the talk we had better get off our lazy butts and walk the walk. So last night was our first with the elementary aged kids from the neighborhood. It went really well, we only had two girls for the first night, the rest of the kids they picked up were middle school. So Joey and I just got to know them alittle bit and gave them snacks. They always love food....It always gives me a profound deep sadness when we are with these children. My children have been loved, cared for, accepted and taught well and sometimes have taken that for grant it. I look at these little girls (De'Mere & Hyacen), they are shipped to school, sent to church with whoever will pick them up and live a life my children or myself can't comprehend. So I should make an effort to show them that God loves each of us and that we should love each other, I have no excuses since I have been so blessed....

No comments:

Post a Comment