Friday, March 5, 2010

water-logged

Well today I finished my try at swimming the Yadkin river in two months. At the Y every year they set goals in the pool. This year was 29 miles, starting in January ending February, however with all the snow they moved it back 1 week. I only made it from Yadkinville to the Davie County bridge, I was short 2 1/2 miles. Just so you know one mile is 36 laps down and back. A mile usually take about 50 minutes to swim. Lets just say I am water-logged. I am tired of swimming. Last year we tried to swim 53 miles which is the length of Lake Ontario. Suffice it to say, I only made it to 46 miles. My sister, Leigh Anne has completed both tasks and has gotten the reward from the Y. A perfectly ugly T-shirt. As you can read I am not your typical type-A personality. I have alot of those qualities but not all. But I don't have to finish every single thing I start. I can tell you that I probably will not be swim for a few weeks, my hair, skin and biceps need a rest. My next goal is to try to start jogging, I am told this is about the only way I am going to lose weight. So we are going to try....

1 comment:

  1. Tracy,

    I cannot tell you a lie...jogging will kill you. Wait on heaven.

    Love your sister in truth,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete