Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful Wednesday

Once again I have decided to be thankful and you do know that this is decision that we each make with the life we are given.  We can be thankful or we can always be wishing and wanting more.  I am thankful for a warm and cozy home, there are families in the world who live in a 8 x 8 brick hut with no water, electricity, or furniture.  I am thankful for clean water even when I really don't like drinking it and would rather have a coke. 1 in 6 people don't have clean drinking water. I am thankful that I can run to Walgreen's and get medicine for anything I might need when children are dying in the world because they have no Imodium to stop their poor bellies from hurting. I am thankful that I have food to eat when there are people around the world who have only a cup of rice a day to eat.  I am thankful to live here in America and am able to work and make some money to pay our bills when other countries live on $2 a day. In  saying all of this, what a humbling thought all of this is when you wonder why I live here and not there.  That God choose this place and time for me to live and that I need to make sure that I don't waste it, take advantage of it,  appreciate it and respect it .

No comments:

Post a Comment