Saturday, November 23, 2013

Test and more test

Lets just say that I am not going to be sick ever again. I went to the neurologist office Thursday, stress from the very beginning, I am not surprised I didn't have a stroke there and then.  I walked into a office of 20 people, and I am the youngest by 15 years, average age had to be 75 .The doctor was 2 hrs behind, how do you get 2 hrs behind unless someone over books on purpose, I know how these offices work and I was for warned about how this office seems to always be behind.  Then I met the Dr. and lets just say we did not ge haw  as they say.  He came in rattled, told me things about myself they were not about me but must be some other patient.  Said he needed to shoot two needles in my neck ...What?  You don't know me from Adams house cat and you just want me to trust you like that.
Then to top it off he told me to calm down that I was getting too excited because I kept trying to ask questions. I finally gave in and let him give me the shots and it did help my neck and head, today it doesn't hurt hardly at all.  So after entering that office at 10:30 I finally left there at 1:00. They have decided that I had some type of stroke, so I went that afternoon to a CT scan and lets just say that the warm iodine they shoot through your veins makes you feel like you have wet you pants at one point. Then yesterday I went to hospital for them to check heart and then they shot saline bubble in veins (this was cold not hot) to see where the bubble go through your veins.  I go next week for a ultrasound of my neck veins to see if they are clogged.  So if nothing else I will know that  the upper part of my body is working right. I now have  high blood pressure which I have never had until a month ago, I have to take BP medicine which is working on my body because now it is starting to drop too much so I have to take my Blood pressure regularly  to keep eye on it till they get medicine right.  I realized today that I do not want to be sick, I wish for the days of small doctors office, when you are not a chart but a person.  When its not to get you in and out and send the bill to insurance company and hope they pay, depending on how it is worded in the chart.  I am trying to stay calm and rest till we find out what is going on, but I hate to lay around if I feel pretty good and I did today, so I went to church and put up Christmas decorations with a couple friends because we never know what the next day holds and I need to use the day I have to do what I need to do. In saying all this I have had to laugh a few things that have happened, like a little old man and his wife who had been married for 63 years and their conversation in the office. I told Joey that could be us one day, here is how it went, "Could you please move so I can sit next to my bride, Robert watch your attitude, I'm not sitting here any longer I will get my walker and leave, She stood up and laughed and shook the car keys and said look what I have". 

1 comment:

  1. I am still praying for you!! It is just too hard to lie around and be still and then try to relax on top of all the things you got going on!!! Glad you went and hung Christmas decorations....now that sounds relaxing!

    ReplyDelete