Thursday, May 6, 2010

Spring Sunning

I am headed to the beach this weekend. My sister-n-law Kim, Cathy, Gaby and me have decided for Mothers Day to treat ourselves to rest and sunning at the ocean. There is no better present to me from my family than to go to the beach and soak up the sun and smells of the beach. I have 4 books, one for each day and one as a devotional for night... 2 are your run of the mill fun easy reads, one is a bio about CS Lewis by his step-son and the other is called The Atheist Christian. So I think I am covered with mindless, informational and spiritual material.
I have to say that when the four of get together we laugh alot, my sister-n-law is funny......
She has just finished exams that have been tough (she says) so she is ready to have fun. My mother asked me why they let me go, (I am older than all of them), I drive them places...Ha!.Ha!. So I have to say thanks to my family for letting me go, I don't have to take care of anyone this Mothers Day other than myself... I do have to be back Sunday and bake a cake (you know the one that is so sinful) for my Mother....

1 comment:

  1. Y'all have a wonderful trip! I will be praying for you to just relax and refresh. That makes us better wives and mothers.

    Love,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete