Thursday, May 27, 2010

Daisy Chain

As you saw yesterday I feel a little disconnected from hearing God. Well after I wrote that post, I heard him loud and clear. I know some people don't think God can talk to you through anything but his word, but I believe he can use anything. I knew when I started this book a couple days ago it would be a book that I would love, appreciate, and remember. The only reason I bought it was because it had a $5 sticker on it and said Local Author. I am only half way through so I don't know the outcome but I will share something I learn yesterday. Set-up:Jed (main character, 14 yrs old) is talking to Hixon(crazy man, some say modern day prophet) as they are painting. Jed comes from a abusive pastors home and they are talking about yards. Jed pictured his on home and says lifeless in terms of flowers-flowers being an "idol of indulgence"
but perfectly taken care of.Hixon nodded, Fine yard but what about your neighbors yard next door. Jed remember Ethrea Ree's yard - definitely full of life, but completely messy. Tangles of roses and flowers and grass, you can't see where one begins and one ends. It's crazy. Hixon says true, funny how both yards have the same dirt, the same grass, the same potential, but they look so different, isn't it. Then he told Jed, God gives you your own yard, you're responsible for it. Not anyone else's. God is the gardener. He tills your soil, he plants the seeds, waters them. But if you run around throwing weed seeds in the air, or you don't take care of what God put there, it will end up being a mess. Jed then replied"I hate pulling weeds" God revealed to me that the only responsibility I have for fixing something is in my garden and that I need to tend to regularly.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read this little book. Praying for you!

    Love,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete