Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Long For

We are getting ready to start a new Bible study at church, Anne Graham Lotz, I Saw the Lord.
it is a older study but we have never read it and I like her, so I am the leader, enough said.

At the beginning I was struck by something, She wrote
I Long for...
the wind of His Spirit to breathe calmness into the chaos of my life, (peace through all we are going through)
the fullness of His wisdom to order the thoughts in my mind, (making me wise in all that I do)
the sufficiency of His strength to undergird the weakness of my body, (hold me up when I feel like I can't take anymore)
the abundance of His blessing to saturate the poverty of my spirit, (to make me feel happy even when I am poor at heart)
the joy of His will to give rich pleasure to my journey, (to show me the goodness that life has to offer)
the refuge of His arms to shield me from my fears, (to protect me when I don't know the next step)
the gentleness of His touch to reawaken the feelings of my heart, ( to help me feel again when I think I have lost all feeling)
the compassion of His heart to enfold me and hold me close ( To love me and protect me no matter what)

I added the parentheses from my thoughts. I Long also.......

No comments:

Post a Comment