Thursday, January 28, 2010

The dreadful YMCA

As I headed to the dreadful YMCA this morning at 5 am to swim more laps, I was praying for different people, and I realized that I have been doing most of the talking and not a lot of listening (reading my Bible). I was explaining to the Lord, that during these winter months I can become depressed if I am not careful so I tend to put in my mind things that are light, happy, and easy. If I get to thinking to much I tend to spiral downward. So I told the Lord that he knows me and that I am trying to stay close to him by simply acknowledging the simple things in life. This morning while I rode to the dreadful YMCA the full moon was beautiful, I told him I know he can do all things and that I shouldn't get caught up in the daily stresses. That he can carry my burdens and make things light on me. I know when I left the dreadful YMCA (can you tell not my favorite place to go) and saw the beautiful sunrise that there is joy in the morning. So when you feel like you not in great communication with the Almighty instead of feeling guilty acknowledge him and his power, thank him for his provision, and remember he knows your make-up and he will work with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment