Friday, January 20, 2012

Let me down easy

I walked into Myra's room today at the hospital and on her board someone had wrote "Billy Currington, Let me down easy, I (heart) radio"...I laughed because I knew Gray nor Myra had  put that up there.  Myra doesn't listen to alot of secular radio.  Gray told me that their night nurse is a Billy Currington stalker and that she follows him everywhere.  That she has met him a few times and one time he signed her (hip/backside) and she went and had it tattooed on.  Myra was trying to eat her breakfast and she made this face and told him he had to get it out of her smell range.  Gray started laughing and she asked him what was so funny, he had a memory we all shared from about 20 years ago, We use to have these dinners at different couples houses in church to get to know each other, there were usually 2 younger couples and 2 older couples.  One night, at our house, we were all together with these 2 older couples and each family brought some part of the meal.  We sat down to eat and Joey thought I had cooked the whole meal, he started to open his mouth and insert foot. The next thing you know he says, Tracy you know I don't like cheese on my fescue.  We were having broccoli and cheese, I did not make it.... That is the memory that came to mind with Gray today as he laughed.  I know there have been many days lately that he has not laughed, so I am glad God brought this to mind.....

No comments:

Post a Comment