Thursday, December 9, 2010

MRI

Went for my first MRI this morning. I am a fidgety person so the man said you cannot move around once we start. He also informed me that it was very loud and gave my ear plugs. I thought no big deal. Then he said it will take about 20-25 minutes. There is the problem. I decided that since I don't like small confined areas, that I would pray while I laid there to keep my mind off of not moving. Let me tell you, there is no praying in a MRI. The noise is so loud and if you have never had one your not sure of what is next. You can barely hear your own voice in your head. So, I tired to pray but failed completely. Instead I started think I need to cough, will that make me move to much. My arm has fallen asleep over my head, can I move it or will that change my body alignment. I didn't want to open my eyes because you see this giant saucer over you and you feel a little closed in and plus the noise made me wonder if it would affect my eyesight with all the radio waves going all around me. The man tried to tell my I would probably be asleep by the end but he doesn't know me, my mind went in all directions. "Is this dangerous, what about the metal in my mouth, does chewing gum have metal in it, should I ask if I can cough, Pray for somebody, maybe I had better concentration so that I don't move, try praying again." To tell you my brain is wore slap out already is an understatement. Hopefully they can figure out my problem and I will not have to put my brain to the stress again.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know....MRI leaves off the last letter in the anagram...H It all stands for "Magnified Realm In Hell"

    Love you,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete