Monday, November 30, 2009

Crowd Shoppers, We are Not.

Well I tried it. My sister, my daughter and me decided to do what we have never done before. We set our alarms and woke up at 3:30 am and went shopping. Our first stop was HHGreg, we pulled in and there were people wrapped around the building, my daughter said, I didn't bring a coat to stand outside, so our next stop, the mall. JC Penny's wasn't to bad they had a few good deals, next was Belk's. We went to the ladies show department because Audrey wanted a new pair of boots, we were there only a few minutes when she exclaimed, I can't do this, there are too many people, too many germs and I can't breathe.....So we left there went by fast food and got a biscuit and coke and headed to Kohl's. We walked in the door, laughed, decided to see how far the check-out line was, followed it around the store, probably 75-100 people deep at each check-out. But what was so amazing is, as we are following the check-out line, we go by the one lady and she is probably 50 people deep and all she had was a couple of towels. Audrey flipped out and was saying how she couldn't believe someone with any sense at all would stand in that line and wait that long for just towels. I knew then it was time to take her home and go back to bed. Our shopping tripped lasted a total of 3 hrs. My sister bought a pack of white t-shirts for her husband, I bought a coffee pot, Audrey a coat, and my mother-in-law a pocket book, Audrey left with nothing...We here back home all snuggled in our bed by 6:30 and learned that we are not crowd shoppers.

1 comment:

  1. I will pay you the lousy 5 dollars you might save to stay home next time, dear friend!!!!!

    Love you,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete