Thursday, December 3, 2009

Be Careful how you say it.....

Last night while talking to my mom I asked her if she knew someone who needed their teeth
x-rayed for free, Audrey needed a patient for school. She then began to ask my step-dad if he needed an x-ray. I heard him say in the background "are you talking to me" she said yes, he said then why didn't you say something so I would know, her reply "something". While I laugh at this, I also know that my mom and step-dad have had to much quality time together lately and it's starting to show. I called my sister to fill her in and she laughed and stated " I have some things to tell you" (shes been painting at their house this week). As I have thought about this today, I wonder if we think that we can hide our true feeling and emotions from our families. If we pay attention to others we usually can notice something is up, and sometimes we ourselves get caught up in the same old habits that we don't notice our harsh tone, our short answers, or quick responses. As the Holiday Season is in full swing and their will be alot of family time, I will be paying attention to my attitude, tone of my voice, and facial expression that I have, so that I can make this a peaceful, joyful and happy time. And remember you never know who may hear what you say and how you say it........

No comments:

Post a Comment