Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The 3 S's

Slowly, steadily,surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed. Habakkuk 2:3 I know when we read scripture we are suppose to read the verse in context to the other verses around it, whom it was written for, and all the circumstance that pertain to that book. But sometimes a verse comes out of no where that just hits you between the eyes. How many of us read Habakkuk regularly..... Well this verse hit me the other night, it was in the front of one of my novels I had begun to read. I have seen in my mind our church on this piece of property we bought 5 years ago, as of today we are no closer to building our new church and we don't know why it has not taken place. We started a new business 2 years ago and truly thought that by now it would be making its payments without our own money still going into it. When I read this verse the other night, it was like to Lord was talking to me with answers that I have been looking for. Our visions for church and our business will be fulfilled, it may seem very slow but we are to wait patiently because it will happen. When we know God is in something, but things seems to happen a little slower that we hope for, lots of times we don't wait on his timing. As the first part of the verse says Slowly (requiring more time than usual), Steadily (fixed, stable, not easily moved), Surely (without fail or doubt) the vision will be fulfilled. I don't know what you are waiting on but God does and his timing is perfect, now will you wait for him......

No comments:

Post a Comment