Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Reflections

This last year has been different, I will not say it as been easy nor will I say it has been hard.  It has been challenging in many different ways.  Not really for Joey and I but for people we know and love, so it still effects us.  Harper having surgery and learning to trust that God is in control in our children and grandchild's life. The realization that Harper needs glasses at such a young age.  My childhood friend going to live with Jesus who she dedicated her life to in so many ways.  The storage building being robbed again.  The small things in life that sometimes rob you of your so called normal life.  Sinus infections for 3 months, back going out at the most inconvenient times, new food allergies of your favorite foods with quick hospital visit to confirm, church stuff (need I say more).  But through all this God is still good. I have seen him work in wonderful ways this year.  He has shown me new things about him, he has shown me new things about me.  I know that life changes everyday, and that we have to learn to adapt sometimes, but know that God never changes and his ways are always true.  So 2012 is over, and 2013 is here what ever changes come my way, they have already passed through the hand of God. In Deuteronomy 2: 7, Moses wrote" the Lord has helped us and taken care of us the last 40 (50 for me) years  that we have been in this huge desert. We've had everything we needed,and the Lord has blessed us and made us successful in whatever we have done."
I choose to believe that no matter what is going on in my world (huge desert) God will provide all I need and bless me. I will have joy and peace that is unexplainable because it will be from him.
2013 holds alot to look forward to, Wesley promised me in a Christmas card that Audrey will not be living at home by next Christmas, Harper's parents hope to have a sibling on the way , Joey and I will celebrate 30 years of being married. So this year has alot of excitement to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am as dry as a bone....but I am praying for you and don't worry rain is coming. Good, desert quenching rain sweetie!

    Love you and Happy NEW Year!

    ReplyDelete