Thursday, January 3, 2013

My first New Year Resolution

I don't make New Year Resolutions, because like my friend Cindy, I do not usually follow through with them. I always think about losing weight at the first of year, mainly because after the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays I am sick of eating. What better time to start dieting, then by Valentines I am ready for Chocolate. I have decided to pay close attention to my eating habits and see areas that need working on.  I am trying to drink coffee, Joey  believes it helps with weight loss.  So this morning I got up and tried to drink a cup, I did get about 1/2 cup down, I like cold drinks compared to hot.  I also decided to try and get up and read something in the spiritual realm (whether it is the Bible, a book, or article) every morning with my cup of joe. This morning I started a book by CS Lewis, Mere Christianity.  Pretty deep stuff, like nothing he writes is deep. HA!!!!
Joey has read this book a couple of times and he wants to give it to someone, and I decided to read it before hand.  First couple of chapters, what is right and wrong, moral laws, do you believe correctly or could someone else be right. What struck me was a line, " pianos have two different types of keys, when you play it, those keys can be played wrong, but when played correctly to the right music, there is no wrong keys, just wrong playing".  Apply this to life, sex is not wrong, politics is not wrong, anger is not wrong, eating is not wrong  but when your whole life is decided by that lead it is wrong.
What can be beautiful music suddenly turns to filth and unlistenable  gongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment