Saturday, March 17, 2012

Wedding Day

Yesterday, we three amigos (As our pastor calls us lovingly)Diane, Katie and myself headed on our journey to Lake Gaston, for my friend Myra's daughter Hannah's wedding.  If took us a little longer than we thought to get there 3 hrs.  But we made it, and started the cooking process for the reception.  Katie had made the chicken Marsala ahead of time, so we just had to put in crock pot.  We made vegetable kabobs, a pepper, cucumber and feta salad, sweet yeast rolls, beef tenderloins, and a few trays of appetizers.  The day was beautiful.... The view was magnificent......and the wedding was very sweet.....
If you know Hannah, she is pretty easy going, she decided to get married 3 weeks ago, since Myra has been feeling pretty good.  Myra had a pretty painful night the night before, but she looked very pretty, she had some girls from her church to come in and do make-up and hair and everyone looked pretty. I thought to myself what a miracle it is for Myra to even be here to enjoy this day. This was something she really wanted to be involved in like all mothers of a bride.  Each day we take things for grant it.  We assume we will be here for our children's wedding, our grandchildren, our next vacation, even our next day at work, but we should cherish each day as it last...

2 comments:

  1. I am so, so glad the day was pretty!! I am sure Hannah was a beautiful bride. And I know that Gray and Myra were so proud of her and so pleased just to witness this milestone in their child's life.

    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great. I wish my mom could be here to see me get married one day. We should always count our blessings!

    ReplyDelete