Sunday, March 4, 2012

midnight again

Well its midnight again and here I sit at the computer.  For the last 3 nights I have not slept.The antibiotics have not kicked in yet.  I think about people who are in pain and suffering for extended periods of time do I ever feel sorry for them.  I understand weariness to some degree, that year I was in so much pain I just wanted it to stop.  This I know is short lived interference in my life.  Something people deal with all the time and has to run its path. In saying this do I feel as a defeated Christian because I have not claimed victory over this.  The reason for bringing this up, a man told Joey he was living a defeated life as a Christian this week and to say this has really made him mad. This fellow is always telling Joey he needs to get out of this minds set he has, health, happiness, prosperity is what he should claim.  How many people do you know think Oh Lord, please make me sick, keep me poor and in debt, and make me as sad as possible.  No one I hang out with,  most us what to feel good with in our body and mind.  We want to pay our bills without worry, we want to live a joyful life.  But to say we are defeated when life throws things our way that we have no control over  in my Christian term is "bull crap".  Joey and I have searched the scriptures and no where does it say that Christians should always be living a prosperous, healthy. happy life 24/7.  What we have read says that we are to be good examples when  hard times come.  How can we as Christians have any sympathy for others when we experience nothing but happy times.  How can we show compassion, care, understanding, and love to a world of hurting people when we stand like a statue and claim all God wants for you is a happy, pain free, worry free life.  You can count it as joy when you suffer and come out with a new understanding of who God is and his love and care for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment