Friday, December 30, 2011

Prayer...What is it?

I struggle with prayer, what is it,what does it look like, what do we really do with it.  I know this sounds crazy but I am on a search of what is prayer from the biblical stand point, not humans or how I was taught as a child. But what does real prayer look like from God's point of view.  We pray if it be your will, what exactly does that mean to you or to God.  We pray over and over again like God didn't hear us the first time. We pray for safety, health, travel, our children, our friends, money, grandchildren, our church, missionaries, food, sleep, but doesn't God already know these things in our life and what exactly are we praying about these things.  I am taking a look at prayer and what it means to me so I will let you know what I learn on this journey. I pay alot of attention to how people pray, you can tell alot of things about them.  We have this man at our church, he is Audrey's boss alot of the time when she is not cleaning teeth.  He is a true Yankee, a man after my own heart, he can be rude, short tempered, and extremely caring. I listen to him pray during the college Sunday school class.  He is very humble, very thankful in his praying and I started paying attention to how he prayed the other week.  He does pray for people and their needs but there is a thankfulness in each request.
Thanks when I started thinking more on why and how I pray, truly I feel I am a horrible prayer warrior, Joey on the other hand is great at it.  So as I start my journey...Pray I figure it out!HA!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment