Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hospital visit

Today I went to the hospital to visit my friend Myra who went in on Christmas Day. I was so surprised when I got there she was alert and sitting upright talking to a girl from her church. These last few months she has been on so much medicine and in such pain that she really has not felt like talking. they have put her on a pain patch and started her on steroids and even though her cheeks are a little puffy she looked the best I have seen in months.  Some dear friend from high school drove all the way down from Pittsburgh just to say hey and Gray took him and his wife to lunch. I was glad to be able to see John  it has been about 10 years for me he was Gray's best man at their wedding. Myra and I had a few laughs about the past, growing up and staying at each others house when we were small. I was glad to have a few moments of smiles with her and not see her in such pain.  She has had alot of visitors from her church, while they are there she tries very hard to be there for them.  You probably wouldn't know how bad she feels or how tired she really is. She keeps doing the Pastor thing.  Gray and I got to have a serious talk out in the hall, and he reminded me once again to live for the day. To pay attention to what is going on around me, to love the people around me and to enjoy them. Sometimes we take the small things for grant it and assume it will be there tomorrow and you never know what a day holds.

1 comment:

  1. I am just so glad you had a good visit with Myra. Funny, I had a huge crush on John when I was in high school. I was a lowly sophomore and he was a senior. Gray is right. Tomorrow is never promised to any of us and we need to love each other like that. Friends and family.

    Love you,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete