Thursday, December 1, 2011

What is in a day?

Joey and I discussed last night how our days fly by and somethings just don't matter anymore.  Like what my car says about me, our how I am trying to stay in style with my clothes.  I would rather buy clothes that I like the way they feel then if it is the newest trend.  How when it all comes down to things we have just one life to live, how our daily choices effect today and sometimes ten years from now.  How we need not worry over the little things, enjoy the family and friends we have and loosen up a bit.
For you out there who are a little ridged, up tight, orderly and precise.  When at the end of your life will that be the thing on your heart and mind at the time.  With the death of a precious young woman this past weekend and with visiting with Myra again yesterday.  I watched her sleep and thought how fast life can be and me worrying about all the dumb things I worry about.  How I get uptight over things that don't really matter in this world, like time, a clean house, and crazy drivers. How I think things should go a certain way and be done a certain way. Our friend Katie became a grandmother yesterday to a little boy named Cooper and Myra said I wish I felt good enough to  visit and enjoy her happiness.  That's when it hit me square between the eyes.  Life is for today, not yesterday which I have never been a big "past" type person, I have a tendency to live for the future and miss today.
So enjoy today, don't fret over yesterday, last week or last year and don't plan to far in the future you never know what it will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment