Wednesday, December 7, 2011

In a Funk!

I am in a what you call spiritual funk....I don't care to read much, listen much, or pray much..I know to many of you, most people who are Christians don't like to tell others they are just not feeling it.  We had a couple over Saturday night for dinner and we were all discussing our ups and downs with Christ.  You know that for the last 3 years our life has had its ups and downs, serious and heavy duty thinking and depending on God every moment of every second of every day.  I told Keith, this last Bible study I taught has bored me to death, it was good, but I did not connect with it.  I told the group it is hard to teach something that you are not a all connecting with.  Keith's mother has been coming to our group, she is a wise and godly woman who I trust and am sometime intimidated by, so this made me even more nervous about not being as prepared for them as I could be.  He laughed and told me how much his mother as really enjoyed the class, and that maybe God was preparing me, I told him I hoped not.  It was on Jonah and running from God, and having a bad attitude about people.  I told him I think alot of my problem is that because I am such a thinker, that God knows I need a mental rest.  I need to be light hearted, carefree and not so responsible.  I am looking at all I do at church and what really matters, what needs changing, and what new things I might need to look at.  So I am on a rest period you could say and as a southern woman, I can't guilt myself into thinking that rest is a bad thing, saying no is bad.  We all need to rest and stop and look at our life and sometimes reconstruct and to do that you have to stop and look.

No comments:

Post a Comment