Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Back from Beach....and wore out

Let me tell you a funny story....Once again on my vacation I started out so excited, I was so excited that I could not sleep Friday a week ago. I wasn't feeling really well, so about 4:30 I got up and went to Walmart to get a few things to take with us to the beach. I thought I was coming down with the stomach bug. I finally got pack up and we left out about 7 am, I told my sister put me in the back, I didn't feel well and hadn't slept much so I would stretch out in the back seat. By Rockingham, I was feeling worse, I got out and walked around the parking lot a few laps, we got one of the best tenderloin biscuits I have ever eaten in a gas station of all places. Then it hit...
I crawled all over the back seat of my sisters car. My step-dad was following us and called to see what was going on in the back seat. Leigh Anne laughed and her friend Carolyn who went with us laughed and I cried and laughed. I stood, I rolled, my rear end was in all the windows so I know many cars were wondering what was going on. I finally told them once we arrived at the beach to take me to the hospital. You guessed it, another kidney stone, and I was delirious.
They were very nice and very busy with people who need to learn to handle pain, you don't go the emergency room for a cold, or paper cut. I was a roaring lion and wanted to tell these people that is why our health system is so messed up, but thankfully they took me straight back so I didn't get a chance to explain to them take cold medicine or put a bandage on it, but don't go to the emergency room. To make a long story short, today Tuesday, over a week later, I am still battling that 6mm stone. I am supposed to have it blasted before the end of the week..PRAISE THE LORD... I will have some beach pictures in a few days.

1 comment:

  1. I just got back today from the beach! I am so sorry that you have had another stone. Bless your heart! I am praying for you. Praying this is the last stone...ever!

    Love,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete