Thursday, August 18, 2011

Attitudes

Last night at mime practice one of the girls got an attitude because we changed a little of the routine near the end. Lots of times this happens after we learn the song and go and practice on the big stage. We never do a song that we don't change something before we are ready to perform. I noticed it happening, she got quiet, she crossed her arms, she had that look on her face, if you have children you know the look. Well to say it ticked me off is an understatement.
Here we are in ministry, we are together one hour a week and to have a attitude over something so trivial does not settle well with me at all. These are teens with parents at home, a nice house to live in, they all have decent cars, great clothes and food on the table. This is what I explained, kind of boldly and loud. There is no room for bad attitudes, I expect happy faces and willing hearts for this hour. After we left I felt bad for being rather harsh. Then it hit me, no what you said was right, their is absolutely no reason, we as Americans should whine about anything. We have it made here, we are just so spoiled, we forget how the rest of world really lives. So when I whine shame on me for not remembering how blessed I really am.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    Sometimes correction needs to be harsh. Don't feel bad whatsoever.

    Love ya!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete