Wednesday, August 31, 2011

what to do?

Are there days where you are tired of thinking.  I have had about 3 months of it.  It is time for me to get out of this.  I usually shut down in the summer from real deep thinking because  I have been at it all winter long. I usually get my brain on again starting in September.  I think it is like going back to school for me, I need my brain to rest every once in a while so that is why I enjoy summer breaks.  But September will be here tomorrow and I now need to get back into thinking again.  Small groups start back up at church next week, I am trying to decided whether to lead one again or not.  I know that I have my hands in too many pots and I need to let go of a few things.  But which ones are the question. At church I am on the general board, on the building committee, in charge of mime team, in charge of the connection groups that we have monthly, teach Wednesday night small groups, I am the church treasurer assistant, I teach Sunday school sometimes.I make up all the welcome bags for Sunday visitors.
When you look at this list only the teaching classes are what I call spiritual.  The rest are business, or busy work, in themselves there is ministry but in spiritual growth maybe sometimes but not as much as teaching.  So in writing this, I have answered one of my own questions. Don't give up the teaching, I will grow more there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment