Friday, September 17, 2010

Hips

I went to my first physical therapy appointment. They have decided that my hips are not in line correctly. They seem to think that I stepped in a hole or something at sometime and knocked myself out of joint. I laughed and told them you have no idea who you are talking to when it comes to being graceful. I am always in a hurry, I trip, I fall, I stumble, I am hardly on my feet standing correctly. It was a very intriguing visit. She went straight to the problem after answering about 1/2 hrs worth of questions. She put me in a sling and strapped me down for 10 minutes and pulled on my hips to get them back in the correct line. Then placed black tape on my back and told me to do these exercises 2 times a day until I go back Monday to be stretched for 20 minutes. I can't believe that the many things I tried to do to get the stone to drop (when the stone was not moving) like mowing on a bouncy yard, jumping up and down, and many other weird things. The therapist told me I should not to be bouncing, jumping or twisting for two weeks. So my own therapy that I made for myself was a wrong diagnosis once again. When will I learn that I don't know everything.....

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I urged you to come jump up and down in the pool!! Do you want a scooter chair??

    Love you,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete