Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Esther

We have started our new Bible Study at church last week. I think I am really going to enjoy this Beth Moore study on Esther. I relate somewhat to Vashti, If I had worked hard to organize a 7 day banquet for the the surround county ladies. I don't know that just because my husband( the king) who is drunk thinks that if he calls that I am supposed to drop everything ( possibly including my clothes) to show up so he can show me off to all his drunk friends. I have planned and worked hard to look good to the ladies of the community, and what does he think demanding me by way of a bunch a boys, (not even taking the time to see me) to just appear. I probably would have done the same thing and said no , not right now I am busy and you are drunk. I don't think Vashti should get such a bad rap and be de-throned for acting as if she has some sense and decorum. Now on the other hand, I don't exactly know the times, or what was expected from the women back then, but Thank God!!!!! I was born in this time and place.

No comments:

Post a Comment