Monday, August 2, 2010

Home again

I left last week for the much need vacation. As I was pulling out of Lexington last Sunday, my Kidney stone decided to start moving. So to say driving and sitting still for 3 hrs was pretty uncomfortable. We went to the grocery store that night and my sister laughed, she said I looked just like Ms. Wiggins in the Carol Burnett skit with Tim Conway. I could not stand up straight and my butt stuck out. By Monday afternoon it had settled down, through out the week I had pains here and there but nothing that would stop me from going out to the beach. Tomorrow I will show you this family we met that had the cutest kids in the world. Joey came down on Wed and we had a nice time. The weather was great. Saturday night my stone decided to start moving again, so Sunday's ride home was rough. By 6:00 last night it had settled down once again. It's still there and sometimes the pain will bring me to my knees out of no where. But with that said, my life is good, I have new perspective, I got rest and just enjoyed the scenery. While at the beach we received news of a friend of ours here at home, he took his life Friday night. I went to see his wife today, and she is angry, sad, angry, scared, and hurt. He fell about a month ago and a screw driver went into his temple area about 4 inches. It was a miracle he didn't die then. The Drs. said he was fine and sent him on his way. The family is thinking that this had something to do with his thinking because he had been fine up until this, he had forgotten how to get home from the beach (they have a house there and he goes about every week), forgotten how to fix a computer (he does this for a living) little things that they are now putting together. Please pray for Sherry and Phillip. Sherry's other son Ryan died about 8 years ago in a car wreck, so now she has just her son Phillip and his new wife Lauren. Pray that her anger will subside,that she will come to peace with the many questions she has and that she will feel God's arms wrapped around her and Phillip.

No comments:

Post a Comment