Tuesday, August 10, 2010

church family

Last night we were invited to a little surprise birthday party for a guy at our church. His mom and my mom sang in a trio called the "3 J's" in college. Until about 13 years ago I had not seen Jill since I was a baby. My mom(Judy) had me in June, Jewell had Hank in July, and Jill had Todd in August. We had a wonderful time last night. Dinner, Homemade carrot cake and homemade vanilla ice cream. It was so neat to see how sometimes life comes full circle. My mom and Jill were great friends in college and then they went separate ways due to jobs, marriage and everyday life. Now I enjoy the friendship of Jill and her family. She is a great spiritual mentor if I need one. We laughed and told old stories, on our way home Joey commented how great it was to have such a good church family. I know that I get frustrated with church sometimes, and usually it is me that is the problem, but I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my church family to depend on. Our quirks and all......

No comments:

Post a Comment