Saturday, August 21, 2010

school days

I remember a few years ago, thinking " when will school start back" since I was a stay at home mom, by the middle of August the kids were ready for a routine and I needed a little break. I was with my kids everyday. We played, went to the pool, VBS, lunch with grandparents, built forts in the den, and just laid around. I think back now and try to figure how I got everything done. In saying all this I miss those days sometimes... I like my grown-up kids, but I also miss the days when we just played, they had no responsiblities other than to help pick up their rooms, and take out the trash. That was why life went so slow for them, They didn't have to figure out how to make the next house payment or electricty bill. Life for them was not monthly like it is with us who own money to people. I heard my cousin fussing last night about her kids, they are 7 and 4 and cute as can be and how she couldn't wait to get them out of the house and back to school and I remembered.......

1 comment:

  1. I miss those days too! What is it about us controllers? If only I planned their time now!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete