Thursday, October 17, 2013

Beth Moore

Beth Moore has once again kicked my butt.  "The Inheritance" Bible study by her is very good. I have known for a while that I needed to get myself under control when it comes to eating.  I am not a big eater but what little I eat is bad. So after church last night I went home and decided to total up my calories and carb counts on what I had eaten yesterday.  Now my calorie count was not as high as I thought it would be but my carb count was out of the roof.  Even though I only eat a handful here and there, its the here and there that adds up.  I realized that luscious brown syrup that I was thankful yesterday is the one thing that really has to go.  If I drink just a couple, or maybe three a day that is more than the carb count a person needs in one day.  So that means I don't need to eat the rest of the day.  I can't live on just the beautiful brown syrup. I know we all fight this battle unless your my extremely persistent daughter who cannot live without exercise and really doesn't like food. Josh told me  the other day  write down everything you put in your mouth for a week and see what that tells you, one day of writing was enough, I say I have never been that  little.  But that is a lie,
I thought I was fat at 115 lbs. as a teenager.  I realize now how little I was, for me to be that little again probably means I am extremely sick. But I know that I can shed quite a few pounds and feel better. So as of today, and since I am putting it out there I expect the few of you who read this to hold me accountable, I am watching what I eat and as that old annoying saying on those diet shows goes "its not a diet its a life style" UGH!!!!!
I have learned last night its not that God can't help me do this he has all the power, its more do I really think I can. So I have set a plot (plan) to possess my land. I am not waiting for it to come to me through sickness or something else, I am going after it. I wrote down a few scripture verses to help when it gets hard.
Proverbs 16:3  Commit your actions to the Lord and your plans will succeed.
I Peter 5:7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
I Corinthians 6:12 You say, I am allowed to do anything, but not everything is good for you. And even though I am allowed to do anything I must not become a slay to anything.
I Corinthians 6:19 Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself
I Corinthians 6:20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
I Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

1 comment: