Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wedding, Cancer & Big Girl Panties

This has been a very busy weekend for us.  Audrey & I went to a beautiful wedding Saturday, my friend Cindy's youngest daughter Megan & Thad tied the knot.  He wrote and sang a song to her that was so special.  I kept thinking as he was singing that is such a perfect song, I didn't know at time he had wrote it, I guess that is why it was so perfect. Joey and Josh went to my step-nieces Jackie and Justin's wedding. Justin grew up with Megan at our old church we use to attend so we have known him as long as I have known Jackie since they were babies.  This wedding was a little different, Joey went for moral support of the grooms parents.  To say that we are not sure of this step of marriage is a understatement, but now the commitment is made, the hard work will begin.
But with the good also comes the bad, Friday one of my childhood friends came by the office to share with me that his wife has stage 3 breast cancer.  Joey had been asking all week if I had talked to Mark lately and I was going to call him that day.  Joey had been praying and didn't know what for but the Lord sent him to the office.  He asked if we would come over and Joey (is a elder at our church) anoint her with oil and pray over her and this disease.  So last night, we had a if I can say this, a wonderful time together of prayer and talking.  Barbara is a solid christian, her worry is not really about death she said people should be happy for her she will be with Jesus, she is very concerned for Mark.  Like Joey said, we men are not good left to ourselves.  So in your prayers lift them up, we are expecting a full on miracle and aren't excepting any less.
Also, I received news Monday that my Dad has cancer on his kidney.  He had his prostate removed last week because of complications and not being able to completely empty his bladder.  He was in alot of pain, so after the surgery they sent him for a sonogram to see if he had kidney stones or if they had accidentally cut something during surgery and they noticed the place on his kidney.  So Monday they called to say that it has to be removed along with the possibility of the whole kidney,  they will not know until they get into surgery what exactly will need to be taken out.
My sisters husband has been sick for over a week, sharp pains, fever and they are checking him to see if he has kidney or prostate issues.
With Moms death just 4 months ago, my sister is pretty stressed out, she does not deal with things like I do, I have a deep faith that I am vocal about and dependent on. She is quiet and reserved, doesn't discuss faith, even though I think she is a believer. She has heard and knows, only God knows the heart of everyone.
So to say that we as a family are once again bogged down with concern, Satan will not distract us.
I know that there are people who do not believe that he and his demons will try and keep you down and discouraged.  But I know that it is a daily fight against the evil kingdom of this world. I know that we have to be strong and of good courage to fight.  I know that tears will come, weariness can linger, but as I have been saying these last 6 months, we southern girls have to put on our big girl panties and deal with what is at hand....


   

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you. Life is just really hard. Really hard.

    Love you!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete