Friday, August 23, 2013

Obedience

Cory and I are on our last discipleship meeting and it is on Obedience. As a older Christan it is good to disciple a new christian because it makes you have to stop and think through why you believe the way you do.  This younger generation will not except because that is how I was raised mind set.
They want to know why you believe it, why your parents believed what they believe and unfortunately many older generations don't know why the believe the way they do.  In this final chapter I have looked up definitions of some words, I want to make sure that Cory understands that complete obedience is expected.   Not partial because the world does not see some things as sin any longer (lies from the pit of Hell). When we walk in newness of life as a Christan our life should be changed, different, improved on daily.  Our old self is corrupt and deceitful but our new self should be righteous and holy. Our goals should be to forget the past, strive for the prized goal, think clearly while exercising self-control. When we think of witchcraft or worshipping idols most of us would say we wouldn't dare, but in I Samuel, stubbornness and rebellion are categorized in the same comparison, who among us doesn't have tendencies of stubbornness or rebellion. To partially obey is to disobey.  We are showing love for God when we do everything he tells us to do and to do it with a joyful heart.  That right there is the hardest part, there are times I know I am suppose to do something but my heart is not right, so even if I do it, it is done in disobedience. We we are obedient to God we are loved by him, we are his friend, we live (abide) in him, and we show others his love.

No comments:

Post a Comment