Saturday, August 3, 2013

Racing

Last night Joey and I did the in-law thing.  Wesley was racing at Bowman Gray and no one else was in town to watch, Audrey is at beach with his little sister, dad and grandparents. His mom is at home in SC, Josh and family was at beach, so that left us.  I hate for any of my family to do things and no one be there to watch so we went.  It was a very long night.  Pretty boring races, but I did have entertainment throughout the whole night.  Unfortunately it was pretty sad...There was a couple there she was pretty high on something besides alcohol. He was out of control stoned out of his mind.
He couldn't sit up straight at all, he fell over a hundred times, one time I saw her tell him, honey I just want us to enjoy this together, a few minutes later he asked where they were at...DUH do you not hear the loud car engines going around the track.  He probably thought it was something in his head.
I will say I laughed because I realized at one of the moments you just can't fix stupid....We had a little boy with us, Wesley told him, Riley that is why you don't do drugs, that is what you will look like.
I realized once again, this man and his woman need Jesus.  What possess people to be so stoned out of their mind that they don't even know where they are.  This lasted the whole night from 7:30-11:30, he was on some powerful stuff. I told Joey wonder why he just don't stay home in bed. Life passed him by and he doesn't even know what happened around him. Many of us are that way, we are stoned to selfishness, life passes us by and we don't even know what is happening around us.  We are zoned into our own minds, we miss the people around us. This fellow had no idea I filmed him, his girlfriend filmed him, teenagers sitting around him filmed him.  We laughed but at the same time I realized what a very sad, sad situation this was.  He has no hope, no joy, no life. We as Christians should not be missing life around us as this fellow was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment