Sunday, May 5, 2013

Funeral number 3

Today is funeral number 3 in two weeks, my sister-in-laws mother passed away Friday, so today was her funeral. As I sat there I thought about all three funerals and how each one was so different. My mothers so personal to me, how I still haven't had a lot of time to grieve, I have realized how much we talked every day, even those days when she was driving me crazy.  The pain is there but I have realized that mom had a good life, that she effected many people to the good, and that we can except this lose graciously. Fridays funeral was different, it was hard , it was very sad, it hurt to the core of your body.  You see what ifs, what could have been of this little life. Our Pastor did such a great job and the grandfather told us, we have had such great memories here as family and friends, this is another memory we will have together. Our pastor woke that morning with a different message than he had prepared for the day, the Holy Spirit changed him, he spoke mainly to and stood right in front of this young couple and he did not hold back, he was kind, forceful, and challenging to them. this lose is a little harder to except, but in time grace will come.  Today's service was so "Babs" that is Andreas mothers name.  It was sweet, proper, quiet, calm. so much like her. She was always a kind lady to us, never what I call frue frue(?) but a stable family mom.  Where ever her children were there she was quiet and smiling.  My friend reminded me that this is not our home, and I know that one day I will see all of these again, now we just have to learn to adapt to all the changes....With life there is always change, we have to remember that the life giver never changes.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for all of your family, relatives and church family, through this difficult season. Is it not so sweet to have Jesus right now??? People who have no hope, no Jesus, no nothing....how do they even survive?

    ReplyDelete