Thursday, May 23, 2013

Dangers of Prosperity

I have put this verse up at the storage building desk, I told Josh the other day that things are starting to turn around for all of us a little and I need to remember this. "When God, your God, ushers you into the land he promised through your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to give you, you're going to walk into large, bustling cities you didn't build, well-furnished houses you didn't buy, come upon wells you didn't dig, vineyards and olive orchards you didn't plant. When you take it all in and settle down, pleased and content, make sure you don't forget how your got there.God brought you out of slavery in Egypt." Deuteronomy 6:20-12 I am well aware of where my strength, peace and comfort comes from in time of need, but I have to remind myself that when I am doing good I need to remember where God has brought me and who is the one who provides. It is easy to forget and think that I have done this myself. That I have worked hard and deserve a easier time, (pleased and content) but not one ounce of this thinking is scripture based. God provides all we need when we need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment