Wednesday, May 1, 2013

But then...there is God even when we don't see or feel him

As I write this post I have put a small fortress around my heart for a little while, I cannot slow down just yet to grieve properly.  There is so much to do, Audrey has finally become officially engaged,
her wedding date is July 5, 2013 yes 2013, so we have 8 weeks to plan this wedding. Thanks goodness we are a little prepared, after waiting 5 years we should have some things done. However, as our week as started out things just don't always go the way you have planned.  Audrey's childhood friend, one of my best friends daughter child passed away on Audrey's 26th birthday.  I told her sometimes Birthdays just stink and this one did to the core.  We didn't do anything for her birthday because Joey and I went to the grandparents house to help out as best we could.  This was such a sickening feeling all day, I physically hurt for my friends, there is nothing you can do but be there for them, pray, cry and hug.  The trauma they all went through yesterday will be a lifetime of memories that they will want to forget but will never be able to.  I woke up this morning listened to Beth Moore and she was talking about her in-laws and the loss of her husbands  2 siblings that they experienced, one was 50 years ago and she saw her mother-in-law wiping away the tears on the anniversary of his death.  She asked how they managed to get through all the tragedy from his death, and she said she was sure they didn't get through it, but then........
But then there is God, but then there is slow peace, but then there is other children, but then there is grandchildren, but then there is great grandchildren.  You always remember, you struggle to accept, but then there is still life going on around you to live.....
Katie said yesterday, I know when I wake up I will still have the same results as I go to bed and life will still go on around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment