Thursday, August 2, 2012

Long time no see....

I have been vacant the last two week, we had a great time of relation at the beach.  Joey became alittle bored by Thursday, but like I told him we don't rest for a week but once a year and our bodies need it, so bring on the boredom.I read 3 books during the week and Joey almost finished one, for him this is amazing, he is a slow reader and as you can tell I read pretty fast.  My only regret and sadness is, I go to the beach for many reasons but the seafood is one of the main reasons.  I became  shell fish allergic a few months ago after eating shrimp.  I tired to tell myself it was just a fluke, so at the beach I took Benedryll with me and tried again.   I ate a bite of that delicious white meat crab, can you tell, I am a little dramatic. But to no avail, my mouth started itching after a couple bites, and my tongue started getting larger, so I drank the liquid.  More depression set it, so my sister and I looked up shell fish description on wikipedi to see if clams, oysters and mussel were in the same family, they are considered mussel family, so I tried a fried clam the next night and once again had to drink the liquid. To say this was a downer part of our vacation is a understatement.   My sister said you have asked God to take away some of the food desires and she threw her hands in the air and shouted Hallelujah he has started.  Now I did want to learn to live without Cokes, candy, pasta, those kind of fattening foods, not seafood which I crave.  I could care less to eat red meat, pork, and chicken, give me Lobster, crab legs, crab cakes, shrimp any way, clams, mussel, oysters, even squid. So now I carry my liquid medicine and am prepared for anything.  I have made fun of people who have allergies, I didn't get it.  But in the last 6 months my body has completely changed.  I have outdoor allergies, food allergies, skin allergies,  maybe I will get cleaning allergies and not be able to clean anymore.HA!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You can make cupcakes in the shapes of shrimp and crablegs and lobster tails. I, too, am severely allergic to cleaning and laundry!

    ReplyDelete