Friday, June 22, 2012

Alot of Riding

Joey and I left yesterday morning at 7 drove to Virginia to mow at the mt house, his mother and her sister were staying for the weekend. So that is 2 hrs up, 2 1/2 hours mowing and 2 hours back.  I rode a lot yesterday.  I had to be back for a 2 o'clock  insurance appt. then worked  till 5.  Went home and made plum jelly till 10:30 last night.  Today I am tired.....Getting back to my point on the riding.  Joey and I have always enjoyed this time together, we do alot of talking about theological things usually during this ride. Plus it keeps him awake, he likes to nap while driving....Yesterday our discussion was on working out your Christianity. Once you are saved you don't automatically become perfect and holy.  It is a work in progress.  Sadly, many Christians who have had a relationship with Christ for many years act as a baby who doesn't want to give up their soft baby food for real meat.  They really don't want to know more than the basics, they want to go to church, be told how to live and what not to do but don't want to see what the Bible, and how the Holy Spirit directs them individually.  I know that in the end it is up to me and me alone to listen to God and his leadings.  That I have to want more just like everyone else, and when you ask God to show you more growing lessons he will. He will feed you all the real meat and potatoes you can eat on.

No comments:

Post a Comment