Friday, May 25, 2012

What we will pay for

I am going to start a new book for the summer to help teach the college class with.  I have read this authors books before.  What struck me was the picture he put in my mind that made me call our pastor and the other guy who teaches this class and say, I will help if you if  want to teach from this book.
Have you ever thought about what you watch on TV or read.  We have become very desensitized on many levels.  His scenerio was a movie that alot of people have seen, I have not, mainly because both my children told me that it had to much cussing in it for me.  What this author brought up was that in the Hangover movie there are 91 f-bombs, 41 taking the Lord's name in vain in different particular ways, and another 30 or so other cuss words.  His next thing was alot of us will see movies and just say I tried to ignore this and that, but what if our pastor got up and dropped a few f- bombs, we would ask him to step down immediately but we will pay good money to hear 91 in a 120 minute movie.  It got me thinking..... This book is called Soul Detox, I will let you know as I read.....

No comments:

Post a Comment