Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Storage Wars

Today we had our first auction at the storage facility.  I  kept Harper instead of going to the auction.  It was very sad for me to sell someone else's things without them being there or having some say in the matter.  We sold 10 units, I am not very business minded in this area.  After 3 months you are to start the process in selling units, I waited up to a year on some, just hoping they would return and pay for their unit and take their stuff back.  Like I have said before, I don't store stuff at home, once a year I go through things in the house, and throw out.  I would not need a storage facility unless I was moving, or something happened at my house and I needed to use one for a brief time.  I don't get storing things for years at a time.  Why keep old furniture and not use it in your house, sell it, give it away but do something more than pay $100 or more a month to keep it and never look at it. Getting back to the auction, why would people not claim their belongings? I guess if you died, or went to prison could be good reasons.  However of the 10 units, I know this to be the case in only 1 unit.  Personal belongings, pictures of family, perfectly good furniture, clothes, lawnmowers etc.  When you figure it out could someone let me know the purpose of all this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment