Thursday, May 3, 2012

ALL IS WELL

Harper's surgery went really well, it took exactly 1 1/2 hrs like they said.  A friend of mine from church was one of her nurses so that put Josh and Abby at ease a little more. She kept us updated. Harper today as a little round face and as Josh puts it "she looks like she has eye make-up on" because of the bruising on both sides of her face.  She sleep well last night and was up playing this morning. I lead small groups
last night and I told our nurse friend, I didn't know how she does her job everyday. There were so many little children being operated on yesterday, she says that is the norm. What is not the norm is a 3 month old whose mothers boyfriend crushed his little ribs, and the mother can't choose whether to stay with him or not (The boyfriend) to me this a absolute no brain er. Or the child with cancer up his left side.  Abby said yesterday, I feel a little guilty, Harper looks so healthy compared to alot of these children.
We talked about doubting or questioning God last night. As I drove to the hospital yesterday morning I was thinking how blessed she is to have all of this family support, I saw little children wandering through the neighbor in a drug section of town with no adults with them, I saw a mom with no support at the peds surgery waiting room. This is a very fallen world, there are children everyday all around the world neglected, alone, sad with no one to hug them or love them, and I don't get it.  Why have a child when you don't want to love it, spend time with them, teach them, it is a question I have for God.
My children and probably most of you who read this who have children know how blessed we are to have support and love from family.  I guess what lays heavy on my mind is do I reach out enough to the lonely and sad, the ones who need a little hug. 

1 comment:

  1. I am praising the Lord with y'all for sweet little Harper! And I so agree about all the heartache that is in a children's hospital and this sad, fallen world we live in. I never seem to do enough to show kindness and love.

    ReplyDelete