Sunday, May 13, 2012

Ammendment 1

Last week as we voted on Amendment 1 I found out that there are people who didn't vote like me and think that I really do not have a right to vote my beliefs.  This whole open-minded loving everyone really is just talk because they really feel that I am a idiot for voting my way. My cousin from Virginia wrote on her face book the day after the election.  The title ( Dear NC White Proper Christians) should give you an idea of the rest of  the rant.  My sister was so angry she told me about it, I printed it off and let Joey read it.  The more we read the more realized what evil and hate came from her pen.  First you need to realize that she teaches children's Sunday school in the Baptist church  in Roanoke. So in her mind she is a Christian. Second she compared anyone in NC who voted for the amendment are not any different than Hitler, the  KKK, and slave loving uneducated ignorant narrow minded Christians.   Now I asked Joey where is the openness for all to be able to express their thoughts and opinions in this vote.  Why is it that I am closed-minded, and she is open minded but she  does not allow me to have a differentt thought than her. As long as I agree with everything she thinks I am open and loving, but don't agree and you are a bigot. I will be writing her a well thought out and prayed  over letter.  I wondered how my college Sunday school class would feel about this rant on face book so I let them read it.  Praise the Lord, they all thought this was completely unacceptable.
Colleges today like to push free thinking, do what makes you feel good, don't really worry about the consequences. You would think this comes from a young person who has no wisdom from the years of learning, however rmy cousin is 40 years old, who in high school decided she was gay (mainly to tick her parents off), changed her mind about the gay lifestyle after college she married a guy and had two children that she is exposing this type of hate to. I know there are extremist on both sides of the spectrum and we cannot put everyone in the same category. However she has, so I think it is time loving ,God fearing , total Bible believing people stand up for what they believe.  God doesn't need us to stand up for him, but I think he likes us to know what we believe and not waiver, I know the Bible says that in the end times, people will call bad good and good bad. I just want to make sure that I am on the side of the Word and not my own agenda....

1 comment:

  1. I so agree with you! I suppose we will continue to be seen as close-minded bigots who want to hit people over their heads with our big ole KJV Bibles. What a sad, twisted world.

    ReplyDelete