Monday, June 20, 2011

I like Boring

I will post some pictures tomorrow from my trip, but today I would like to say I like boring. I don't enjoy the dramatic life. When I left on Wednesday for my mini vacation, it seems something always dramatic happens that I can't do anything about from where I am at (away from home). Audrey called me all upset, I thought Wesley had been hurt or killed from her reaction. But after calming her down, I find out she failed her big $1300 State exam. The one that all the teacher said they would have no problem passing, the one where you have to pay and find someone to take with you to chapel hill, you go in not knowing whether they will accept your patient and you are really blind to the expectations. So after calming her down, telling her that it wasn't the end of the world and that somehow we will come up with another $1300 by September for her to take it again, she has regrouped. Failure teaches us many things... Then Wednesday evening as I am trying to relax after trying to calm Audrey down, Josh calls me at the river. His exact words were" What if I was at the hospital getting ready to be a dad and I can't find you". So I return his call to find out that Abby's embryonic fluid was really low and they were maybe going to induce her the next morning if it wasn't back up. So I started planning a way fro someone to come and get me to bring me home it need be. Thanks goodness, she was better the next morning so they are watching her carefully. I didn't get to enjoy tubing down the river a couple days (pictures to come). Then came home to tragedy once again this summer. Our friend who is one of the most kind and selfless people we know took his life, so this is two of Joey's friends in the last 10 months. They both had so much going for them, families that truly loved them, friends and acquaintances who thought so highly of them. They both were men who loved the Lord but Satan blinded them at that particularly moment. So Joey and I were once again sick to our stomach with this loss. Then yesterday three little boys were beating on our door to call 911, Joey and I took off up to there house, they live about 4 doors down. There was a domestic incident going on and I could not believe the filth that can out of the mouth of these men. Joey and I stayed very calm, called the sheriff, they finally showed up but because once again no one wanted to press charges, they did nothing. So these 5 little children where exposed to such dysfunction and people wonder why there is mess in the world. These children are little hellions, they are destructive, and sneaking and after yesterday I am surprised they do as good as they do.
Joey and I both thought about praying with them, but we both can to the conclusion they don't care, they think there life is normal.. When I got home last night, I have decided I like boring, I like the simple calm life.

No comments:

Post a Comment